Landscaping and proper drainage play an important role in preserving the integrity of your home’s foundation.
- Adjust sprinkler system settings
- Apply winterizer fertilizer to lawn
- Detach hoses from outside spigots
- Reduce risk of termites by storing firewood away from home and garage
Attend to routine maintenance to prevent major problems in the future.
- Use small nails, hooks or adhesive fasteners to hang decorative lighting or wreaths. Keep lights a minimum of 1/2 inch from adjacent surface
Properly maintaining your home's mechanical systems will help extend their lifespans and minimize monthly utility expenses.
- Prior to lighting the fireplace, preheat artificial gas heating logs on low for 10 minutes
- When leaving town, turn off water to prevent freeze damage
- Check for soot and creosote in fireplace flue and clean as necessary